I found this amazing recipe on a Dutch cooking/baking website micook.nl . I changed a few small things and translated it to English for the non-Dutchies :)
- 120 grams dates, chopped
- 100 grams quinoa flour
- 40 grams cooked quinoa
- 15 grams almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 30 milliliters of olive oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 10 grams of flax seed
- 1 handful of nuts (almonds, walnuts, macadamia nut, pistachios)
- Baking paper
- Cake tin
All you have to do is:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F , grease the cake tin and place a sheet of baking paper with overhanging edges in the cake tin.
- Mix the flax seed with 20 milliliters of water, stir with a fork and let rest (about ten minutes)
- Cut the dates (deseeded) into small pieces, put in a bowl and pour 50 milliliters of boiling water and drain it after a few minutes.
- Mix the quinoa flour with the cooked quinoa, almond flour and cinnamon. Stir.
- Mash the bananas, put them in a bowl and mix them with the flaxseed mixture, the dates and the olive oil, stir well.
- Add the banana mixture to the quinoa mixture, stir carefully until you see no more dry parts.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin, smooth the top and sprinkle with the nuts.
- Bake the bread cake about 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the bread cake after 5 minutes out of the cake tin by using the baking paper and let it cool off.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!